Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor screen gone to greyscale

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ianfreeman

ianfreeman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

I have a Samsung laptop attached by HDMI cable to an LG monitor. I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 this afternoon and now the monitor image is in greyscale. The laptop screen is in colour as normal.

I have tried updating the drivers for the monitor, but the latest ones were already installed. I'm puzzled. Any assistance much appreciated.

EDIT: Can't find a way to delete this post, but the issue is now solved. I opened AMD Catalyst Control Center and the colour saturation level had somehow gone to 0. Fixed!

Edited by ianfreeman, 27 November 2014 - 03:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:49 AM

This solution is useful for the next person who searches for this problem. You shouldn't want to delete the post :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users