Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Case Fans for Corsair 750D - Your Thoughs Please!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cameron9428

cameron9428

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:48 PM

Hi Fellow Computer enthusiasts! My case is the Corsair 750D and I am struggling to decidewith which fans to use and and to arrange them.

This is what I currently have in mind:

2 140's in the front < intake
2 140's in the top < exhaust
1 140 in the rear exhaust. < exhaust

All fans will be Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC 2000 PWM 140mm <-- are these overkill? do they make sense to put in the front?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/noctua-nf...FZNafgodMwYALw

All fans will be conencted to a fan controller, probably this one:
NZXT Sentry MIX2

http://www.ncix.com/detail/nzxt-sent...s-bb-85339.htm

Does this setup make sense? To be honest I feel overhwelmed by of the different case fans are available. If you can help me out I'd be very appreciative. Thanks good.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

Must be some beastly computer to spend $200 on fans  

Your air flow setup makes perfect sense to me.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

Smaller fans and slower speeds are important to keep sound levels and vibration below that of a 747.  Working with some posterboard you can create air paths to cool the vital areas and exhaust the hot air.  Closing off the vents in the power supply case except for one to the outside for intake and let the fan in the power supply cool just the P/S without  disturbing the case cooling.  Dressing cables and such out of the air paths will help too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users