Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Log In In Safe Mode?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

I gotta old laptop 'n I coulda sworn I put the same password in as all my other passwords but it's not it... I tried to log in cuz I have some old Word documents I'm trying to get to... I wanna run in safe mode to remove the password... Can anyone help me on either on how to retrieve my password or how to get into safemode? I tried calling Microsoft but they're not open now.... Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:43 PM

Just when the PC starts up press the F8 key and select safe mode!
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#3 ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:46 PM

thanks

#4 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:48 PM

You are welcome,hope you get it all sorted. If you google around,theyre are products out there,trial period,that show you your passwords,just remeber to change important ones and always make a note of them and keep them safe somewhere. :thumbsup:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:48 AM

Can anyone help me on either on how to retrieve my password or how to get into safemode?

The peeps at Bleeping Computer are happy to help you with computer issues. However, bypassing passwords or other security measures is not something we can help with. It is against policy.

That being said, perhaps there are other questions you may have, and we can certainly help you with those!

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 18 June 2006 - 07:49 AM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users