Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"DRIVER SUPPORT" & "SPEEDY PC PRO" apps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pinegum

pinegum

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:23 PM

Anyone have experience with either of these two applications? Are they O.K. to use or are they going to give me problems.

(see my profile for my computer info)

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

Stay away from Driver Install and Optimizer Apps. They can cause more problems than help IMHO. Drivers should be downloaded from the manufacturers site if possible and Optimizers should be avoided.

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

Both sound like ready made disasters. Drivers should not be messed with unless you are actually having problems with one, programs that claim to speed up a computer almost invariably do the exact opposite. Alos stay away from anythign that claims to clean the registry, just like other optimizer tools it cannot do any good but has a high chance of causing severe damagae.If you are having problems with a computer being painfully slow then use CCleaner from piriform to remove temp files (but DO NOT use the registry cleaning part of this program), uninstall programs you don't use, clear your recycle bin, delete some personal(documents,video,pictures,audio,zip archives) files or transfer them to external drives and then try disabling(but not deleting) some startup items (but before disabling any startup item check google and work out whether it could be potentially important, if it could leave it enabled)using CCleaner.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 pinegum

pinegum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:44 PM

Thanks! That's what I kind'a thought. Not sure how Driver Support got loaded on my computer, but I haven't done anything with it. Think it was part of an "apple" app. of some kind. I'm going to do a program uninstall to stay on the safe side...

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

"SPEEDY PC PRO" is rotten to remove, and Never pay for any of these apps.

It is advertised as a Cure-All but is generally useless -

One must assume if they are related or advertised together, stay well away - - - -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users