Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot get PSP X to open on new computer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kaseycs

Kaseycs

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

I installed Paint Shop Pro v.X on my new HP PC with Windows 7 and I cannot get it to open.  I know it is compatible with Windows 7 because I have it installed on my laptop with it and it works fine. Any advice?

Edited by hamluis, 27 November 2014 - 11:29 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Graphics Design - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

You need the 10.10 patch. This is the patch for Vista compatibility. So it should work for Windows 7. This will only work if you have 10.03 installed. If not, you will have to apply patches 10.01 and 10.02

Paint Shop Pro 10.01 update patch

Paint Shop Pro 10.02 update patch

Paint Shop Pro 10.03 update patch

Paint Shop Pro 10.10 update patch

#3 Kaseycs

Kaseycs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

I cannot download any of them I get this error message each time I try. See the attachment.

Attached Files

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:04 PM

What version of PSP X do you have? You should see the version when starting the program or Help > about

#5 Kaseycs

Kaseycs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

It says version 10.10

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

That is the latest version that is supposed to run on Vista. What happens when you right click the PSPX exe file and select Run As Administrator?

If Running as Administrator does not work I suggest you uninstall it then run the exe install file in compatibility mode  and Select Vista.

#7 Kaseycs

Kaseycs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

I did try to run the program as administrator and that did not work.  I have already uninstalled it but how do I install in the compatibility mode?  Not sure how I select the exe file and run as administator either.

Edited by Kaseycs, 26 November 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

Go to the folder that has the PSPX exe file. This should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\. It may be in a folder called Corel. Right click the exe file and in the context menu will be an option "Run As Administrator".

For compatibility mode, uninstall the program. Right click the install file of PSPX. Under the Compatibility Tab, make sure "Run this program in compatibilty mode is checked then select Vista in the dropdown box. Also check the box "Run this program as Administrator" if it lets you. Leave all the Settings boxes unchecked. This was shown in the guide I linked to. See option one.

#9 Kaseycs

Kaseycs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:19 PM

I am sorry John I am running from a disc how do I get to the install file BEFORE I install.  All of the other steps after install I have tried.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

If you can post a screenshot of the root of the install disk, I could tell you which file to right click. It may be something called install.

#11 Kaseycs

Kaseycs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:04 PM

I finally figured out how to do it but it still will not open.  Any other suggestions?

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

Sorry, I am out of ideas on this. The only thing I can recommend is to look at Paint.Net and Gimp for your image editing needs. Both Free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users