Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is lagging

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Miker2808

Miker2808

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

My computer is lagging. i'm not sure because of what kind of reason, but even after restart, my computer is very much lagging, i checked the Task Manager, and my  svchost is reached ~ K 550 (ram usage), its sometimes decreasing, but its not helping because its raising back again, i have Dual Core E5400 (or E4500) 2.7ghz  2gb ram (i'm planning to upgrade to 4, is it will help somehow?)

shorter,, my PC is lagging and i dont understand what makes it to happen, i hope someone can tell me

Also my ram speed is only 400mhz, how do better mhz improving my performance

Edited by Miker2808, 26 November 2014 - 12:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Please download and install [url=http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy/56796/Speccy[/url] to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

Also i think svchost cause it to happen, and reguarly its ~ K 100,000 and sometimes reach even 700,000 which makes my PC stuck, and i have 2 svchost one is just K 18,000

There is it

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gaH38KRuOVe7T8JohuY07fX

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

Please download and run SeatTool for Windows.

When the website opens scroll down till you find the I Accept button and click on it.

If you scroll down below this button you will find instruction for installing this.

Once you install this program you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for hdds on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB port.

2.  Detected Drives will list the hdd/s found.  Place a check mark in the drive you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for different scans, please click on Short Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

I am not sure if you said everything correct, its just "Short Generic" and its "Drive status" and if this is what do you mean its "Short Generic - Pass" i got nothing else..

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

I am not sure if you said everything correct, its just "Short Generic" and its "Drive status" and if this is what do you mean its "Short Generic - Pass" i got nothing else..

That's all I needed.

Please run the Long Generic test and post the results.

#7 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

I'm not sure if everything went right, but i got "Long Generic - FAIL"

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

There it is.  You have a failing hdd.

#9 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

I almost have no idea what is going on, can you explain it please, and tell me what to do to fix that, if its possible

#10 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:55 AM

Your hard disk drive is failing. Hard disk drives go physically bad over time. Some drives last longer than others. Some are lemons. Now, I can't personally say if your failing HD is the only reason for your lag or not. But when you run windows it is always accessing the hard drive for this and that during normal operation, and if the hard drive is dying, then it could lag windows every time it accesses the drive (roughly speaking).

To fix the failing hard drive problem, you have to buy a new replacement drive.

First I would use a usb stick (or dvds or whatever) to back up my very important files before the hard drive fails. A failing hard drive might last a long time, or it might fail very quickly.

There may be a way to move your existing drive contents (and windows) over to the new drive with some cloning thing, but I wouldn't even bother. Likely your windows has gotten slightly messed up over time which causes slow downs, so in my opinion you are better off installing windows fresh on the new drive and starting over. You will probably notice a nice speed increase if you do it this way.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

Looking at the components installed I'm guessing that this is a custom build.  If this is the case, do you have the installation disc used to install Windows 7 Home Premium (X-64) and the motherboard CD to install the drivers?

#12 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

I have the windows 7 home premium installation disk, but my Pcomputer is not custom build, and i dont have the motherboard's CD to install the drivers, i bought this computer few years ago,

Maybe you think so, because i changed few parts over the years..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users