Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Waving?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:56 PM

Hi Someone With A Little Knowledge About This,

Does anyone know what it means to have your monitor start to wave. It's like a TV starting to go out. It's a horizontal wave, subtle but also quite there. I have my monitor as well as my PC hooked up to a surge protector so I'm not sure what that means for it waving on me? It's getting kind of bad. I've been using the monitor for two and a half years and bought it new at that time. It's a Hansol monitor. I'm also using Windows XP as my OS. Anyone have an idea what this might be and how to correct it? Please, I'm getting kind of concerned.

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:12 PM

Is any other problem occurring?

What video card/adapter are you using and how long and when does this occur?

If the video adapter is not getting sufficient power it might cause that kind of problem. What size is your power supply and what are you running with it?

Like a TV, a monitor is also susceptible to the same kinds of problems that a TV is. The problem might reside there as well if no other problems are occurring with the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users