Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.trojan.cya

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redstickninja

redstickninja

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

I found this on my PC today. Is there any information on this trojan. Is it somehow connected to the NEW GRAPHICS SITE email going around?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:08 AM

Hi redstickninja and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I've search around and found nothing linked to the infection you have. I take it that your Anti-Virus tool notified you of this bad file - can you firstly tell me which Anti-Virus program you are running, and secondly where this file is being flagged, or in other words the file path of the bad file. I'm not sure what you mean about the graphics site email that's being circulated, but it is possible that things like this come from dodgy emails so it is a valid point. Before I get you running some scans to remove it, I just want to see what the name of the file is, and it's location - it could be a file that you can simply delete, or it might be something that needs a bit more force to remove.

Have you run a full scan with your anti-malware tools yet? If not run compelete system scans and let me know what they find, along with the two things I asked earlier.

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users