Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my first post here...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 anon8.1

anon8.1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

My introduction.... :spider  I was gifted a brand  new  laptop awhile back and shortly thereafter my windows 8.1 headache begun. Being my first exposure to the operating system, I had no clue how to configure most, if not all settings; let alone any grasp of what file sharing or remote accesses,  p2p, ftp, etc, was all about. Additionally this new  laptop added some new words to my vocabulary,,, virtual drives and hyper shells with loopback connections,  emulated drivers etc...however  the function, and most importantly  application of  the preceding  stood null and void.  Well after weeks of  stumbling across computer names from  remote sessions, or reappearing-disappearing  Bluetooth  emulated drivers I never installed  or the sudden appearance of  1pv6 tunnels looping back to virtual partitions that detach and vanish when you try and open them, I decided it was time to learn how this device and it's systems work. I will refrain from boring you any further with each step that led me here. :smash:   What I know is my device, and also perhaps even everything here   that runs script  is infected and nothing I have tried has rid the system of it. So short of just giving up I decided to vent my frustration and say hello. Perhaps I should just switch to Linux haha... cheers   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users