Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 midou1994

midou1994

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

Hi,

My budget for the new computer is: 

INR Rs 50,000-60,000

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? 

Programming,Gaming
What software do you intend on using on the computer? 

Eclipse,Visual Studio

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? 

Yup,

Any type 

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? 

Yup,Plenty
Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?

Yup

Will you be overclocking?

Nope

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?

--

I`m gonna watch a few Tutorials on ASP .NET,MVC

I wanna watch video and do the coding simultaneously so any way I can duplicate the video player on a external screen connected to laptop and code in my editor

Midou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 midou1994

midou1994
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

bump

Midou

#3 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

Hi,
Basic description:
Go for a laptop with intel i5/i7 4gen processor - 8 or above gb ram - 2gb or more dedicated graphics from nvidia (GE Force GT 700 / 800 / 900 series )or amd radeon ( 7000 / 8000 series)
1 tb hard disk - dvd r w optical drive
windows 8.1 / windows 8.1 pro
15.6 " screen (FHD if possible)
Wireless adapter with a/b/g/n/ac and MIMO
USB 2.0/3.0 - Bluetooth 4.0
Backlit full keyboard num keys
you may avoid touch screen as it wont help you much in gaming or coding. Also it will save you some bucks for may be an external hard drive or a flash drive.
----
Here are some models:
Asus X550 LD (XX0 82D)
Dell 17R 5737
Dell Inspiron 15R 5537
HP Pavilion 15-p045TX
Asus X550LC-XX160D
Dell Inspiron 15 3542
HP 15-P073TX
HP Pavilion 15-p045TX
Lenovo Z50-70
There may be different models out there. Visit showrooms of Dell, HP, Lenovo, Sony and collect some brochures, compare it with online prices from Amazon / Flipkart and then choose the models.
You may check with retail shops also...
Spending a day on it will be surely worth it...
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users