Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help. new computer infected already

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lost society

lost society

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

Hi all. im new here and got recommended the site from a guy at a computer shop..

Ive got a laptop which ive had 4 months. after 1-2 weeks of getting it, it seemed i got a virus. i didnt protect it instantly which i really should of done, im not a massive computer techy but i know that i should of. I now have SUPERantispyware, avast and malware bytes on it but i think its too late, every time they scan they find numerous infections.

The main problems i have is when im surfing the internet, i get new web pages pop up, normally blank but often a page that says its NORTON symantec i believe it says, saying WARNING WARNING firewall has found problems, then when i exit page, it says 'sure you want to leave the page' and has a phone number to call 'toll free' to sort your computers issues out.

I know its not right. also things are so so slow, sometimes nothing will load, internet wont work when ive got great connection here. etc etc. its a nightmare. im confused as when i first got it just before it started this, i had been on facebook, gmail, speakerplans and google. thats literally it. . 

ANY help would be appreciated . Many thanks

carl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

Welcome to BC !

Run a new scan using MBAM and post the new log of what it finds....History > Scan logs

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars...especially Yahoo.

You may see Google Tool Bar being offered.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

• download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 lost society

lost society
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

Thank you very much for the very detailed help. Is what I need as I get told to download this and that but I don't know how to use them :-\ . do I need to get rid of super anti spyware and malwarebytes before these? Or keep them.

Many thanks

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

Follow the directions for using each program.

Repeat; Run a new scan using MBAM and post the new log of what it finds....History > Scan logs

You don't need to remove the programs you mentioned.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users