Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer fix dilemma

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TQ1000

TQ1000

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:33 AM

Hi,
So I built this PC:
Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H
CPU: AMD Athlon x4 260x
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
And the rest isn't really important for this problem, because I know what the problem is but I don't know what to do about it:
When I turn the computer on everything turns on but I don't see anything on the screen, and that's because either the Grahics card isn't configured in the bios to be the primary display, or it doesn't work, and I can't use the Motherboard's intergrated Graphics ports because they need an APU to work;
Now what I would like to know is should I replace the CPU with an APU (knowing that's more expensive), should I replace the motherboard with one that doesn't need an APU to use the graphics ports or is there something I can do without changing any parts?

Edited by TQ1000, 25 November 2014 - 04:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:45 AM

Your problem most likely originates from a faulty graphics card, or a faulty monitor. However, eliminating other possibilities would be idiotic. Thus, I would suggest perhaps, testing the monitor with something else, to ensure that it is working? It is most likely your GPU, however, and if it is indeed dead, I would ask for an exchange from wherever you bought it.

mYIGVc5.png

#3 TQ1000

TQ1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:48 AM

I tested the monitor on my laptop and it works fine, and I thought it probably was that, but from what I read on multiple different forums, it could apparently be due to the bios not using it as the primary display; should I rule that out and just return the graphics card?

Edited by TQ1000, 25 November 2014 - 04:55 AM.

#4 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

Very unlikely for your BIOS to not recognise your monitor, for that to happen, it is most likely a dead GPU, and therefore, it's not being recognised in BIOS.

mYIGVc5.png

#5 TQ1000

TQ1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:50 AM

A friend of mine tested it with a different GPU that definately works and nothing changed, there's still nothing on the screen, is it more likely a problem with the motherboard or the processor?

#6 TQ1000

TQ1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

Found the problem, it was simply a pin of the pro essor that was vent :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users