Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Locating what drivers I need

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Highwalker

Highwalker

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:36 AM

My laptop stopped booting a little while ago. I reinstalled windows 7 home premium from a USB and, as a result, don't have the specific drivers for my laptop. I downloaded the network adapter from the asus website and installed it through USB. But can't seem to find the other missing drivers. In my device manager they just say ''generic Bluetooth" or whatever is missing. I am finding this a problem as I can't connect to my second monitor or play any games.

Is there a free program that can read and tell me what specific drivers I need? Or a way to view what hardware I'm running to get the right ones?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Highwalker, 25 November 2014 - 05:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:31 AM

All drivers for your laptop should be downloaded and installed from the Asus website. Get the chipset driver and all other drivers for your specific system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users