Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

removing malwarbytes issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

downloaded and tried to install the new 2.0 malwarbytes software...

it wouldnt let me because 1.0 something is installed.  1.0 wouldnt run because theres some file thats not found or is missing...

i couldnt uninstall 1.0 because theres some file missing...

how can i completely remove malwarbytes 1.0 if i cant use the uninstall function.  i cant delete it from the location either...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,786 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:07 PM

Follow the instructions HERE

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 ltdave

ltdave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:19 AM

got it thanks!

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,786 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

My pleasure !

also.....

https://www.malwarebytes.org/support/guides/mbam/AdvancedSettings.html

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:23 AM

-- If using the Premium version, you will need to reactivate Malwarebytes' using the license ID and key you were sent by email. Make sure you save that information so it is readily available when reinstalling.
-- Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab and check for updates if not done during installation.
-- Restart the computer again and verify that Malwarebytes is showing in the task tray if using the Premium version. Then setup any file exclusions that may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users