Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More and more issues keep coming up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bleduc1

bleduc1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

I got my computer last summer, and it was working fine. It has 1000 GB HDD, 8 GB Memory, and AMD Radeon HD330 Display Adapter (4077 MB). And I am using Windows 8.1. I was told somewhere else that my computer has the best of performance, so why am I facing these issues?

1. My computer is getting much slower than it used to be.

2. Programs keep crashing. When I try to launch a certain one, it stops responding, and I have to launch it a second time.

3. More bugs are being created in random programs. Just today, I no longer have the regular thumbnails to my Photoshop files. And when I save and image that has a transparent background, there is something screwy in the background.

4. One of the programs I am using freezes when I am saving.

5. When I used System restore to try to solve an issue, I got a dialogue saying that the restore was unsuccessful.

6. The CPU in the Task manager's Process tab keeps jumping. Every time I first open it, there is a huge number like 84% but then slowly reduces down all the way to 10% and then stays around that range. (My Memory right now says it's at 25%)

7. Something that might be related to the issue is the sounds my computer is making. It sounds like it keeps shutting down and booting back up, but it's not. (It has not always done this, only for the last 1-2 months.)

I tried everything to solve these problems. I did a disk cleanup, uninstalled unwanted software, used CCleaner, disabled unwanted programs running in the background, and I have Avast running as my anti-virus software. I'll be so thankful if anyone can figure out what's wrong. Let me know if you need any more information.

Edited by hamluis, 26 November 2014 - 01:58 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

I would suggest you check for malware, the problems seem too widely spread to be attributed to an OS issue. I will report your topic to be moved to "Am I Infected".

#3 bleduc1

bleduc1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

I would suggest you check for malware, the problems seem too widely spread to be attributed to an OS issue. I will report your topic to be moved to "Am I Infected".

Oh sorry about the wrong forum. What would you consider for a malware removing software? I'm not familiar how malware works.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

As a BC student I cannot advise you on that, but now you are here in the right place there should be someone along shortly to help you.

TsVk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users