I got my computer last summer, and it was working fine. It has 1000 GB HDD, 8 GB Memory, and AMD Radeon HD330 Display Adapter (4077 MB). And I am using Windows 8.1. I was told somewhere else that my computer has the best of performance, so why am I facing these issues?
1. My computer is getting much slower than it used to be.
2. Programs keep crashing. When I try to launch a certain one, it stops responding, and I have to launch it a second time.
3. More bugs are being created in random programs. Just today, I no longer have the regular thumbnails to my Photoshop files. And when I save and image that has a transparent background, there is something screwy in the background.
4. One of the programs I am using freezes when I am saving.
5. When I used System restore to try to solve an issue, I got a dialogue saying that the restore was unsuccessful.
6. The CPU in the Task manager's Process tab keeps jumping. Every time I first open it, there is a huge number like 84% but then slowly reduces down all the way to 10% and then stays around that range. (My Memory right now says it's at 25%)
7. Something that might be related to the issue is the sounds my computer is making. It sounds like it keeps shutting down and booting back up, but it's not. (It has not always done this, only for the last 1-2 months.)
I tried everything to solve these problems. I did a disk cleanup, uninstalled unwanted software, used CCleaner, disabled unwanted programs running in the background, and I have Avast running as my anti-virus software. I'll be so thankful if anyone can figure out what's wrong. Let me know if you need any more information.
Edited by hamluis, 26 November 2014 - 01:58 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Am I Infected - Hamluis.