Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i suck at computers and chat rooms and really need help with a walk thru proxy v

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 chrismendoza

chrismendoza

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

hi guys, i am very new to computers so please excuse me, i have a weird problem. my computer was infected with adware and a proxy loopback virus. i was able to clear the adware, but no luck with the proxy virus. i can use firefox to "surf" but when i try to use any apps from the windows menu or the "E" (enternet) it says cant connect to proxy, and you cant clear it... says" loopback "  honestly is driving me crazy because i really know little to nothing about computers... i have norton anti virus which seems to be total crap. ive used malwarebytes spybot and a few other programs, ive lost count... so i came across this post during a search that uses FRST64, which i downloaded and ran... but i have NO CLUE what all that program info is. i seen that after a few tries with the help of some very patient person on this forum, the issue was resolved... im sure this is posted elsewhere, but i dont know where to search or how to properly use these type forums. So please excuse me for my ignorance to this tech based issue... can someone please help me. walk me thru this or a remote session before i go bananas. thank you

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 November 2014 - 07:51 PM.
moved from Windows 8 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smo1898

smo1898

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:20 PM

By "E" and (enternet) I assume youre talking about internet explorer, sounds like you have the proxy settings enabled....to disable this 

open IE

click on the gear (tools) in the top right hand side

go to internet options

click the connection tab

click on lan settings near the bottom

then uncheck (if checked) the option under "proxy server"

#3 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:25 PM

This will not fix the proxy problem permanently...try to downlaod hitmanpro tool and run it

#4 smo1898

smo1898

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

If its malware based no it wouldnt, but i personally believe hitman wouldnt find anything malwarebytes couldnt.....But it absolutely wouldnt hurt to try

#5 chrismendoza

chrismendoza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

amrendra4all ... the problem is that when you do what you described, it unchecks the formentioned boxes and as soon as you exit , it rechecks them. ive unclicked them a hundred time, for them to only go back to the same as soon as i hit the ok button. it wont let me uncheck them

#6 smo1898

smo1898

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:41 PM

You should check your processes for strange or unfamiliar processes....if you dont know what to look for a good way to check is to compare the processes from your normal running pc vs the processes running in safe mode....once you have them you can delete the files from program files (in safe mode)...this usually works at getting rid of malware

#7 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

I am familiar with this and i kno even if u uncheck it several tymes it will come back...

#8 chrismendoza

chrismendoza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

running hitman pro right now, says its scanning but cant connect to internet. i heard that FSRT64 can remove the issue but i personally cant understand all the programs it looks at and what im suppose to do with the scan report. :(

#9 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:45 PM

One of the major problem with proxy is when you open your browser it says proxy server not reaponding and even if u disable it from internet options-conmections-lan-uncheck proxy,it enables automatically or when you restart and it happens due to infection running in task manager or due to some malware

To remove it completely you need to remove the infection manually or by the tool...
I will tell you first the simple way just download and run hitman pro tool
But if you want to do it manually without any tool
Open run command box(windows+R) then type (regedit) and press enter it will ask for permission just press yes it will take you to the registry
There you will find computer below that click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and press right arrow key it will expand
then you will find software option click on that and press right arrow key again it will expand
Then go to microsoft and expand it also
After then go to windows and expand it in same way like i tild u above
Then you will find current version there
Just click on that and expand
Then you will find internet setting
In that you will be able to see some entries on the right hand side of the screen
Find out the proxy enable option there and proxy http option
First right click on proxy enable it will give you option to modify click modify and replace 1 with zero in (value data)then press ok
After that go to proxy http just below the proxy enable option
Right click and delete it
Then reset your internet explorer by going to internet options-advanced-reset
It will open a window just click on reset there without making any changes
Then try to run it will fix the proxy problem
If you find this solution working or any problem to execute this this please reply
If u r online now give ur no.let me call uand fix it right away

#10 chrismendoza

chrismendoza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

this is really hard for me to do because i honestly know how to use the internet and check email... im new to computers... so i am really sorry if i am slow at understanding these things, and thank you for taking the time to try and help... i really appreciate it more than you know

#11 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

I can completely understand but its not a big issue i work in an it company as texh eng and resolve these issues daily

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

Please do not run FRST as that tool is allowed only in Malware Removal Logs forum.

After Hitman Pro finishes, please post the log in a reply in this topic.

#13 chrismendoza

chrismendoza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

'

Edited by chrismendoza, 24 November 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#14 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

Chris, I see that you are following this topic.

You may have already seen the request by armendra to contact him directly.

I have removed that post.

Here at Bleeping Computer we prefer that all help be given in the forum.

Many of our members are novice computer users and in their zeal will try anything that is suggested without knowing if it is good or bad. They have no way of knowing whether the one offering direct/remote assistance is honest or up to no good.

Members serve as safeguards against all other members in the forum environment. Without that, a member is left in the hands of a member who may be knowledgeable or unknowledgeable. It defeats the basic purpose of the online forum, where shared ideas, etc. in the open is considered an effective safeguard for members with little or no knowledge and the inability to discern bad advice from that which is good.

There are also possible legal issues which may arise, in the event that Member A is advised poorly by Member Z privately and the advice is not good or the system ceases to function due to (in OP eyes) the advice received/suggested.

We do not want to start this precedent. The site exists for a reason and with a stated purpose. We are a forum first and foremost-no exceptions. All information shared is in plain view for everyone. We lose span of control when things are done 'behind the scenes'. We cannot condone, nor sanction this activity.

#15 chrismendoza

chrismendoza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

queen evie, i apologize, i didnt know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users