Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IntelliTypePro 7.0 Keyboard Enter key problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 misssbb

misssbb

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

Toshiba Satellite C655 Laptop, Windows 7 Pro, 64bit

When in Word and Outlook, regardless of what the setting are - and they're all correct - when I hit the Enter key, the next line is 1.15 or 1.5 down, not just 1 single space.  This was not happening the last time I used the computer.  And yes, I have taken an old Word doc and tried typing into it and it does the same thing.  The Clear Formats thing has no effect either.

The Enter key is working properly here.  The driver is the latest release.  I can't find any sort of explanation for what all the keys on the keyboard do, so I don't know if I inadvertently hit something that's making it do this.  I don't use any of those special keys, just the regular keyboard.  There is a key on the right side at the bottom between the Alt and Ctrl key that I don't know what it is but wonder if that might be the problem.  Am too afraid to press it.

As you've likely figured out by now, I'm extremely technologically blonde so only the most basic solution and explanation are going to be of any use.  I've been on here before and have received what I'm sure is excelllent advice, but it was way too far above my paygrade to follow it.

Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 misssbb

misssbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

One more thing:  I've spent over two hours online and on the Microsoft site to try to figure it out myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users