Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

charging problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chusta

chusta

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

hi guys i have a Toshiba satellite laptop that does not receive power from the charger but it can  receive power from the battery but it is dead(battery) .what is the next step to take?laptop running windows 7 professional.should i buy a new motherboard?. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zero Flyer

Zero Flyer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

Some Satellite series toshiba, had a common problem with charging. If I remember well, there was a problem with circuit which regulate charging. There is one for a charger part and other, same circuit in a battery section. If You are familiar with electronic You can cheaply replace that one by Yourself, if not, better go somewhere where professionals can do it for You. 
Here you can find schematic: Schematic  , which I use, hope its a same model. Im almost sure it will do the job for other models also.

#3 chusta

chusta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

thank you

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:28 AM

Also, Toshiba Satellites have a notoriously weak solder connection on the battery jack in. It may be as simple as re-soldering that connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users