Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

delete Internet Explorer ieproxy.dll

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 missayah

missayah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

Dear people who I think can help me,

I'm making my own website and want to test is in IE. Usually I use the Chrome browser.

A week ago my Internet Explorer worked. Now I couldn't find it in my 'Start' list of programs. Which I thought was weird then I looked in my Control panel list of programs and it wasn't there either. Which is even weirder because I never deleted IE from my computer. Then I thought 'I'll just install a new version, because I never bother to update the IE anyway.

When starting up the installation process and right after clicking 'yes' to the 'Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" question, I get this error: see attached

Then I looked into my 'Program Files' folder and the 'Internet Exploror' folder was still there. Then I thought when I delete this IE folder then I can install a new one. This gave me some problems about access and authorisation stuff, but eventually I managed to delete all files in the IE folder but ieproxy.dll.

Then I found your forum and read this post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466740/ieproxydll/

I did some of the steps, like doing the "sfc /scannow" in cmd: it restored all files in the IE folder...

I downloaded the batch file which didn't work.

I renamed it to ieproxy.old and downloaded a new one from: http://www.dllfiles.org/file_detail?fname=ieproxy.dll&file=i#specifications, wich only created the problem that each folder opened in a new window like "ashutoshrathore" problem. so I renamed the old file back to ieproxy.dll and deleted the new one which restored that problem of opening new windows.

So how do I delete the complete IE folder or repair all the damage and don't mess up the rest of my computer and have IE running smoothly???

Thanks for your time,

missayah

Attached Files

Edited by missayah, 24 November 2014 - 06:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users