Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a good PSU?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jongo123

Jongo123

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:46 AM

I'm wanting to buy a PSU. I like the look of this one from the advert, but I don't really know. Is it a good quality product? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARTIC-BLUE-750W-750-WATT-QUAD-RAIL-ATX-PSU-8-PIN-SATA-PCI-E-QUIET-POWER-SUPPLY-/281483830093?pt=UK_Computing_PowerSupplies_EH&hash=item4189be634d

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 November 2014 - 10:13 AM.
same comment posted 6 times. deleted the other 5

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:30 AM

What's the matter, is giving the link once not enough? :smash:

I can't give any view on that particular power supply.  However, it has to be considered an unbranded generic PSU.  It might be great but on balance most generic PSU's are not that good. Some have over-rated specifications:- it's not uncommon for example for a 250w design to be tarted up and re-labelled as a 500w PSU.  A minority are downright dangerous, missing crucial safety features.  There is one customer review on this site which wasn't fantastic as they said it shut down all the time (note they have incorrectly called it an "Arctic Cooling" PSU, it has nothing to do with them).

If you do need a 750w PSU (i.e. you are using a high end computer with a high end GPU), you're going to have to spend a bit more to get something good quality.  Something like this or this are competitively priced and deliver a real 750w.  If your needs are more modest, this 450w PSU or this 500w PSU are priced similar to the one you've linked to, are at least 80+ Bronze certified and made by high quality manufacturers.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users