Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking to buy a tablet for minor gaming/reading

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ktanaqui

Ktanaqui

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:45 AM

So, I'm looking to buy a tablet because I need something that supports a stylus for free-style writing (like notes), D&D applications, and .pdf files (more D&D stuff). I'd also like it to support a handful of google play games I enjoy. (Arcade-like things)

My budget for the new tablet is:

$100 - $200 (can stretch if needbe)

What are the primary uses for this tablet (IE: email, web browsing, playing games, etc)?
 I need something that supports a stylus for free-style writing (like notes), D&D applications, and .pdf files (more D&D stuff). I'd also like it to support a handful of google play games I enjoy. (Arcade-like things)

What Operating System are you used to or would prefer if any (leave blank if you're unsure)?

Either Android or Windows, preferably....

How big of a screen would you want?

7" - 10"

Will this tablet be for college, work, home etc?

D&D/Home/Light Gaming & Reading

Do you want to be able to do two things at once, or one thing at a time?

Two things at once... D&D requires quite a bit

Do you want USB ports to plugin flash drives?

Not required.... just support for SD or Micro SD cards

Extra notes:

I do not want a keyboard, and I want no Microsoft Office subscriptions, at all. No Anti-virus subs either. Oh, and no Apple products

Edited by Ktanaqui, 24 November 2014 - 03:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

With the price range and functionality you require. I am unable to find anything I'd feel comfortable mentioning.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Hardcoretexan

Hardcoretexan

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

You may try this one next book 10

http://www.walmart.com/ip/39092206?www=true&productRedirect=true

#4 GaryCole

GaryCole

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

You can also look at goodguyselectronics, there are many good tablets with good price

#5 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

So, I'm looking to buy a tablet because I need something that supports a stylus for free-style writing (like notes), D&D applications, and .pdf files (more D&D stuff). I'd also like it to support a handful of google play games I enjoy. (Arcade-like things)

My budget for the new tablet is:

$100 - $200 (can stretch if needbe)

Just curious Ktanaqui, did you find anything?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#6 Patricia Williamson

Patricia Williamson

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

You can go with the Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN tablet. It's price is around $137 and also supports the google play games and reading application like pdf files and D&D applications.

#7 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

personally, i would recommend Lenovo products, you can find them within your budget range. they are adaptable to most file types for gaming and office. 

#8 DAVID SHELDON

DAVID SHELDON

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/39092206?www=true&productRedirect=true

this link will remain helpful for you.

#9 Dyna44

Dyna44

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:05 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 and i had the Tab 3 7.0 before this one. I gave it to my son when I got the new one and they both run great!! Samsung products are always good quality anyways. The Tab 3 even got dropped in a river. Thrown outside and left in the rain for a couple hours. Dropped MULTIPLE times and it still ran fine and still does actually. I paid like $160-$170 for them and they were very much worth the price. Hope this helps!! ☺

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users