Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP 27-1054 ac adaptor replacement

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cutekitty

cutekitty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

Hi all:)

I recently bought a very nice computer on ebay for a great deal and was very happy but sadly came with no ac adaptor. The cheapest one I can find is 80 bucks to have it shipped to me. The all-in-one computer is a HP 27-1054.

Is there a cheaper more generic ac adaptor I could purchase? Or must it be an OEM from HP?

Here are the specs of the ac adaptor I believe I need:

Output power: 180W
Worldwide compatibility: Free Voltage 100-240VAC
Line frequency: 50Hz/60Hz
Adapter Rating input: 100VAC ~ 240VAC 1.2A
Adapter Rating output: 19V, 9.5A

Is there different size tips for these adaptors (like 5mm, 6mm ect)? I have some ac adaptor tips that a usb male can plug into. Can I use this tip with a adaptor that has a usb connector? Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

I found this on ebay for about $45. It's shows a HP sticker on the adapter but I would contact the seller and ask if it is a genuine HP product. It has a U.S. power cord.

#3 cutekitty

cutekitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

Yea that's the one that will cost me 80 bucks... I'm from Canada and they hit me with import charges and heavy shipping.

#4 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

Try tigerdirect for possible better price. Or futureshop for better returns.

#5 Zero Flyer

Zero Flyer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

Check also here.

#6 cutekitty

cutekitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

Thanks guys.

bloodshot, What is future shop for better returns mean exactly?

zeroflyer, That is what I'm wondering, which one of those  ac adaptors will work for my all-in-one? Should I just buy an ac adaptor that is made by HP for my computer or can I try to shortcut a cheaper ac adaptor?

#7 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:58 AM

It means futureshop has decent return policies, if you buy the wrong one or if you just don't want it anymore etc. Tigerdirect has better prices and terrible return policies where for the most part you can't return anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users