Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus help, system32 files deleted

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smo1898

smo1898

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:04 PM

I have an asus r503u with windows 8 64 bit.  This is the third asus ive had this happen to and would appreciate some help.

I turn the laptop off (4 days old) and when i go to turn it back on i am shown a page that says computer needs repaired missing system32 files. After trying to find the system restore hotkey and booting in safemode i am brough to a black screen with white letters that say the following.

Reboot and select proper boot device

or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)

Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel corporation

For atheros pcie ethernet controller v2.1.1.1(12/23/11)

check cable connection!

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

These messages keep alternating and repeating when i press a key

So i decide to just stick my windows disk in and reinstall, but there is no recognized hard drive to install it to

Bios does not recognize it either

what could this be and how do i fix it?

I realize that the seemingly most likely problem is a loose HD connection or Dead HD but i can assure you this isnt the case as the other two laptops ive had this happen to were fixed by a professional (not an option this time around)

Any help, ideas, or solutions would be greatly appreciated!'

If this too vague or lacking information you might find helpful please feel free to ask me and ill provide it

•  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

I turn the laptop off (4 days old)

If by this you mean that you bought this computer 4 - 5 days ago you surely have warranty rights ?  I wouldn't even think about looking at it, I would dump it back on the supplier and say - politely - 'It doesn't work, fix it please, or I will have my money back.'

Chris Cosgrove

#3 smo1898

smo1898
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

issue fixed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users