Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Behavior...Please Help if Possible

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 81Jon

81Jon

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

As noted in my profile running Windows 7 Professional and all was working well until a couple of days ago.  I upgraded my internet service through Comcast to 30 Mbps download speed, and initially was not seeing that speed on my PC.  I adjusted MTU on my router (Netgear WNDR3400 running DD-WRT) down from 1500 to 1450 and that seemed to allow the speed measured by Speedtest.com to go up to my anticipated 30Mbps. But almost immediately, I noticed while I could get email messages through my Comcast email account I could not get messages from my Charter mail account, and more worrisome is that I now have very limited ability to load websites...something seems to be re-directing the searches and the sites never load.  Some load OK (like Bleeping Computer (luckily :) ), but while speedtest.com won't load, I can load the speedtest on the Comcast site.

I ran MalwareBytes and removed a few problems, and tried to install Avast Free (had been using AVG regularly), but Avast says "Unable to start scan: there are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper".

Please evaluate these symptoms and let me know a next step to take.  Please also indicate if this should be posted and continued in another Forum...I wasn't sure where to begin so thought the Forum for my OS would be a logical starting point. 

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:07 AM

See this thread ... https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=142330.0 .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users