Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unknown hardware problem causing overheating.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brandon75689

brandon75689

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

So hey guys. I got a problem where my computer was having overheating problems when playing games. One time I loaded a game and the screen went black and blue artifacts starting appearing on the monitor. So I reapplied the thermal paste on my h80 corsair liquid cooling system and it idled at 46c (couldn't play games). I thought the liquid cooling system was dying so I got a h80i but I was getting the same temps. Then one day it went up to 80c and the computer could no longer be cooled. I got a nh-d14 just to make sure and it goes straight to 80c after boot up. So I gave up and installed the h80 back in the computer and now my Asus sabertooth x58 is saying CPU fan error on boot up while nothing cools the CPU anymore. My processor is an intel i7 950. is it possible the motherboard got damaged from heat or Is it a psu problem. Btw the CPU fan header works but it still gives me the error

Edited by brandon75689, 23 November 2014 - 02:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 brandon75689

brandon75689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

I am not able too. My computer hits 80c by the time windows hits the loading screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users