Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can We Still Download Vista?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ackack

ackack

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:54 AM

well im really looking forward to download Windows Vista but ive been getting the same message everyday "High Demand in Downloads"

will i ever be able to download the beta version of vista?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KSerge

KSerge

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:43 AM

I suggest hunting down a torrent of the latest beta 2 english build. That's how I got it, since I didn't have a spare $10 to order the discs.

#3 ackack

ackack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:38 PM

do you think Windows Vista is worth the hunt?

#4 Nat Sci

Nat Sci

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:44 PM

Windows Vista may be worth it but I dont think the Beta version will.
Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:41 PM

Microsoft sends cease-and-desist order to vistatorrent.com

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2006/6/15/4345
Posted Image

#6 Kaptain

Kaptain

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:15 AM

I downloaded beta2 from ms website, but installation failed w/ it. Due to my nubidity i accidently ordered Beta 2 DVD's, and i successfully installed VISTA through them. Vista is simply jawdropping when you see it for the first time, i love it.

#7 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:41 PM

i agree kaptain but so far it still has a lot of bugs we hope will be worked out in the final release

#8 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:44 AM

I would not download Vista.... it is extremely buggy and it eats RAM. So dont use it yet.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#9 Kaptain

Kaptain

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:57 PM

I've been using VIsta for few days now, yes it uses about 550mb of ram idling, but i got 1 GB. I can't install many older programs, but doing my daily tasks ... email, web surfing, word.. I haven't noticed any bugs yet. 0_o!
works very smooth for me.

#10 Slug_Coordinator

Slug_Coordinator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

I downloaded both the Public Betas of Vista it is extremly SLOOOOOWWWW. Even running a Athlon 64 3200+ with 2 gig ram, Ati Radeon X1600Xt 512 Video, 3 120 gig hard drives with 16 meg cache WD,s UDMA 133.. Also the new I.E. 7 has many issues even in classic mode it will not let you have the same layout as I.E. 6.

The security center does not reconize Windows Defender for Spyware Protection, Also when installing the Office 2007 Beta it did not reconize the source of the Installation file?????

SC..

#11 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:22 PM

Sounds like Microsoft still have a lot of work to do :huh:

BBPP6nz.png

#12 Gaming Guru

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:42 PM

I would not download Vista.... it is extremely buggy and it eats RAM. So dont use it yet.

Probably not the best choice for a main operating system, but even on a seperate partition or something, Vista would be okay for testing out the system, even reporting bugs to Microsoft, or just testing out the features while you have the chance, before it expires and you have to purchase Vista if you want to see what it is like. Unfortuantely, I won't have access to the Vista Beta, because I'm on dialup making it impossible to download a file that is over 3 gigabytes, and (2) my next access to high speed internet, 5mbps, will be around June of next year. It expires not long after that so I won't have much time to try it out.

Oh well, I'm fine with my Windows XP Home Edition & Vista Transformation Pack 4.0 to make it at least look a bit like Vista.
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6GHz Processor / 1GB RAM / Toshiba Satellite A100-VA3 / Windows Vista Home Premium

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:28 AM

Vista (5456) is the primary OS on the machine that I'm typing from. Not too buggy - but definitely not the most stable platform.

FWIW - 5472 is available at http://connect.microsoft.com - but you'll probably have to have already been registered as a tester to get it (I'm downloading it now).

The biggest problem, aside from it's bugginess, is that it's extremely hardware intensive. My system is a P4 3.0 gHz, 2 gB RAM, 2 W-D Raptor SATA drives, and an AGP nVidia FX 7800 GS - and it still only rates a 3 on the performance scale.

Still, it's interesting to use and it serves my primary purpose of checking email and surfing the web without many difficulties. Application compatibility is my biggest frustration - but I've managed to make most of my apps work (well, ok, sortof!).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users