Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe flash player IE 11 compatability issues?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnnyedee

johnnyedee

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

Had newer version of adobe flash player in updated on 11/15/14, up and running. Yesterday 11/22/14 tried to watch a video and got message "video needs adobe flash player to see". Saw it was there and updated on date mentioned. Went to Adobe site did as suggested, regarding safety and zone settings to enable. Uninstalled the updated flash player. Attempted to reinstall and can not get past run and or save.  

Screen shot says installer is running, but nothing is happening. Try to close and nothing happens. Resort to task manager to end application and several clicks later get error message saying page can not be found. then finally it allows end task.

Before posting looked to see if this was a "common" occurrence and found several c/o same problem. Any way to reinstall flash player to adobe 15 again? Rather tiresome switching from IE11 to chrome to watch sport highlight films supported by adobe flash.

Thanks for help!

Johnny Dee

Edited by hamluis, 25 November 2014 - 10:34 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email, etc. - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

How did you try to uninstall Flash? The best way is to use the Flash uninstall tool at the Adobe website.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

#3 johnnyedee

johnnyedee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

frankp316,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I did all of that before I posted the question. Whether I try to run or save to do install yields the same result each time. Screen shot from adobe says installer is running, but nothing happens. When I try to close the application, on 2nd or 3rd click I get the following every time: http://57bcompletionpageurl%7d can not be displayed, check for spelling or try search engine direct.

As previously mentioned I have to exit application via task manager. Can not understand why ten days ago I was able to update it without incident, use the app, and then get message about it needs to be installed when it was there. Very strange problem. Perhaps it's time to dump IE and just use chrome form now on. Apparently there's no problem running flash player on it. all this to see highlights of the fight from Saturday night boxing match just isn't worth the headache, LOL.

Johnny Dee

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

You might want to try rolling back to IE10 as some users have had issues with IE11.

#5 smo1898

smo1898

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

use chrome

#6 johnnyedee

johnnyedee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

frankp316,

Thought about that a few times by now, LOL! Things just got even stranger. Without me doing anything, I can now access flash player and use it on IE11. Even though I uninstalled it with adobe uninstaller app, it "magically" reappeared when I agreed to let chrome be my home page. Perhaps Adobe and Microsoft need to get their act together on this one. Thanks for input and assistance.

Johnny Dee

Edited by johnnyedee, 25 November 2014 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users