Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flashed Note 3 & MMS issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hola.

Trying to investigate an issue for a friend who just purchased a flashed Galaxy Note 3.

Her current carrier is Ntelos.

She is able to send and receive text messages (SMS) and is also able to send picture picture messages (MMS) but is not able to receive/download picture messages sent to her.

I did the traditional Google search and came up with quite a few postings / forums where others have experienced the same issue but everyone seems to have a different answer for a different carrier.  :crazy:

I did find this post and her carried is listed but wasn't sure if I needed to download all three of the links posted or if I could just select one of them and then follow the instructions.

Anyone else run into this problem, and hopefully, come up with a resolve?

TIA,

Winterland

Edit: Topic moved from cell phones to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

When you say flashed, I'm assuming that the Note 3 was originally on another carrier. Do you know the original carrier? Did that carrier allow MMS? I have seen where some carriers embed code to block MMS functionality. It's rare but there was a carrier specific thread I read a while back. Of course I can't find it now, where the fix was a wipe and complete reload of the OS to fix MMS capability. I'm assuming the flash you refer to, is just a carrier switch.

Really hope I'm off on a tangent here, but had to ask.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Winterland

Winterland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:16 AM

Hmm, since I'm new to this whole thing, I didn't think to ask her, but I'm pretty sure, it (the Note 3) was on another carrier and flashed to Ntelos (if that is the correct use of that term).

I'll ask her and post back, hopefully, within a day.

And, I'll have to keep Googling.  I barely know about computers - this whole cell phone tech world is quite foreign to me.

Thanks for the reply.

If/when I get more info and/or a happy resolve, I'll let you know.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

No worries. Take your time. This is MMS issue is something I have limited knowledge of. But maybe we can both learn something. As well as be able to help your friend.

All the best for the holidays to you and Mrs. Smarty Pants. :)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users