Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.mds files question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 krs000a

krs000a

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:38 AM

Hello,

Are the accompanying .mds files that comes with .iso files used for anything besides when you are burning the image file to disc? For example, when mounting an .iso file in software like Daemontools, are there ever any advantages of clicking on the .mds file instead of just on the .iso file?

If I never plan on burning an image file to disc, only mount it for using it on the computer, is there any point at all in keeping the .mds file?

Thankful for any help from people who knows the answer to my question for sure. Thanks for reading!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 krs000a

krs000a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:38 AM

Why is nobody replying? I take it that this question is too advanced for anybody on this forum?

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

You can't blame anyone for not replying if they don't know what you are talking about.  That said, this is what I found on .mds files:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users