Hi Will -
We can try the hard one first if you like ............ If Wajam is not listed in Programs and Features, try this -
If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, the easiest way is to Download the Windows Wajam uninstaller and follow the steps to remove Wajam.
Wajam claims this uninstaller removes the entire Wajam app (or so they say).
We can try other methods later if this will not work .
Now onto known programs -
Please download RKill by Grinler to desktop and run it.
* A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
* This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
Please Copy and Paste the small log back here.
Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
- Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- * Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the Scan button (only once)
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.(You will watch the Green bar move across).
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
- A report (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
- Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
- If you have questions, post the Report log back here.
- Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.
Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes the adware more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration. After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like AdwCleaner to fix any remaining entries they may find.
You mentioned Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed, so please Update it, and run a scan.
Post any logs produced to see what is being removed.
Run a free scan with ESET Online Scanner.
- For Internet Explorer users only, hold down Control (Ctrl) and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the ESET Online button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu. to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Temporarily Disable your Antivirus if requested
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives and Remove Threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
- Please be patient as this will take some time (2 hours is not unusual for a first scan).
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
1.Download TFC from the download link above and save the file on your desktop.
2.Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
3.Double-click on the TFC icon.
4.When the program opens, click on the Start button. TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
5.When done, press OK > Exit, and reboot your computer and finish the cleanup.
6. No log is produced or expected.............
Thank You -