Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help with my computer frame rate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BurnThatCheese

BurnThatCheese

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:01 PM

Ok so lately i have been using my computer and i play my games as always

but this weekend i have noticed that i have been getting a lot of frame drop in my games such as pay day 2.

Last weekend it was fine running every game at 60fps but this weekend it has all dropped down to about 30 fps and its annoying me and i really need help to fix it

Actions that i tried to fix it:

i have reinstalled latest

nivida graphics driver that worked for about 3 hours than it went from 60 to 30 again

i unistalled the graphics driver completely and reinstalled it but that didn't work

I have checked my temps with a temp monitor nothing was there nothing over heating 

my specs are:

CPU:  intel i5-4570 3.20ghz

RAM: 8GB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

motherboard: H81M-HD3

os; windows 7 64 bit Home premium

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CG_5

CG_5

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:09 AM

Hi there,

(Got same GPU) Please make sure you have no more programs running in the background, and watch your RAM usage, that is a good GPU and can handle

every single game I throw at it with ease (I'm talking real graphical games like Metro:LL) so it clearly isn't a GPU problem.

That's all I know, all the best :)

#3 Foldingchair

Foldingchair

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

Have you ever cleaned your computer case of dust? Dust accumulation can destroy performance in games. The hardware will run at reduced performance to avoid getting hot. My experience with it is that the temperatures tend to stay the same, while your performance does drastically decrease over time.

Could it be that Payday 2 has some kind of memory leak? I doubt it, but as far as I know Payday 2 doesn't run on the Source Engine like Payday 1 did, so you can't be sure.

Edited by Foldingchair, 27 May 2015 - 07:36 AM.

"Peace and blessings be upon you all."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users