Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy error willnot go away

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 vynastus

vynastus

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

Hello, I am working on my mom's computer and have a stubborn proxy. Reading other topics I see that it can be cleared with frst and a fixlist, I have that all ready to go f I can get a fixlist to use. Thanksfor any help

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 November 2014 - 04:25 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

FRST is a tool used for malware.  Please...do not post any malware logs in this forum,  See No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-167/announcement-45-no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/ .

Exactly what is the "proxy error" and how did it come to your attention?

Louis

#3 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

One of the major problem with proxy is when you open your browser it says proxy server not reaponding and even if u disable it from internet options-conmections-lan-uncheck proxy,it enables automatically or when you restart and it happens due to infection running in task manager or due to some malware

To remove it completely you need to remove the infection manually or by the tool...
I will tell you first the simple way just download and run hitman pro tool
But if you want to do it manually without any tool
Open run command box(windows+R) then type (regedit) and press enter it will ask for permission just press yes it will take you to the registry
There you will find computer below that click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and press right arrow key it will expand
then you will find software option click on that and press right arrow key again it will expand
Then go to microsoft and expand it also
After then go to windows and expand it in same way like i tild u above
Then you will find current version there
Just click on that and expand
Then you will find internet setting
In that you will be able to see some entries on the right hand side of the screen
Find out the proxy enable option there and proxy http option
First right click on proxy enable it will give you option to modify click modify and replace 1 with zero in (value data)then press ok
After that go to proxy http just below the proxy enable option
Right click and delete it
Then reset your internet explorer by going to internet options-advanced-reset
It will open a window just click on reset there without making any changes
Then try to run it will fix the proxy problem
If you find this solution working or any problem to execute this this please reply

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

I would not suggest doing anything...until we have a clearer idea of what is actually going on with the OP.  Until some responses are forthcoming, let's exercise a little patience before suggesting changes such as registry edits...to the system.

Louis

#5 vynastus

vynastus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

The proxy error was found using hitman pro to remove malware. I tried the regedit changes but upon reboot they just comeback

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

Exactly what is the "proxy error" and how did it come to your attention?

#7 vynastus

vynastus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

There was some malware on the computer. While scanning with hitman pro it alerted me to a proxy. All attempts to removeit have failed the browsers tehmselves do not give errors at this point but it indicates the proxy is still in place in internet options and if I scan with hitman

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 November 2014 - 04:24 PM.
edited wrong post

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

vynastus, I see that you are following this topic.

You may have already seen the request by amrendra to contact him directly. If you did not see it in this topic and have reply notifications sent to your email you will see the reply via email.

I have removed that post.

Here at Bleeping Computer we prefer that all help be given in the forum.

Many of our members are novice computer users and in their zeal will try anything that is suggested without knowing if it is good or bad. They have no way of knowing whether the one offering direct/remote assistance is honest or up to no good.

Members serve as safeguards against all other members in the forum environment. Without that, a member is left in the hands of a member who may be knowledgeable or unknowledgeable. It defeats the basic purpose of the online forum, where shared ideas, etc. in the open is considered an effective safeguard for members with little or no knowledge and the inability to discern bad advice from that which is good.

There are also possible legal issues which may arise, in the event that Member A is advised poorly by Member Z privately and the advice is not good or the system ceases to function due to (in OP eyes) the advice received/suggested.

We do not want to start this precedent. The site exists for a reason and with a stated purpose. We are a forum first and foremost-no exceptions. All information shared is in plain view for everyone. We lose span of control when things are done 'behind the scenes'. We cannot condone, nor sanction this activity.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 November 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#9 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,054 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:19 AM

Hi vynastus,

I will be helping you for now on, please do the following for me:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

--------------

To recap, in your next reply I would like to see the following. Make sure to copy & paste them unless I ask otherwise:

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#10 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,054 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hi vynastus,

This is a 3 day bump:

It has been 3 days since my last post.

• Do you still need help with this?
  • If after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

#11 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,054 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users