Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Date for 8.1 purchase that will provide free upgrade to Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted but I could not find in any searches.  I realize it may be too early to ask but does anyone have any idea when Microsoft will provide a free upgrade to version 10 when 8.1 is purchased?

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

...when Microsoft will provide a free upgrade to version 10 when 8.1 is purchased?

Thanks!!

That's just a rumor as far as I know and pie in the sky.

#3 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:11 PM

I think the last time they did that was either with Vista or Windows 7. Back then, if you bought a computer within X months before the next came out they gave you the free upgrade. With 8 they had a $40 upgrade deal going for I think six months or so.

#4 Justa

Justa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:19 AM

Thanks Agouti!

I was hoping that there might be something tangible on the horizon.  I would sure rather wait and be able to upgrade to 10 free down the road.

Android phone technology is moving at blazing speed. Android phone software updates are free and almost fully automatic.  I wonder how hard they will be hitting the notebook market.

The future will be interesting to say the least.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

You may want to post a topic in the Windows 10 forum.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users