Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USA Northern Snow and ......

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:22 AM

Hi All -

Anybody sitting in the cold snap freeze across parts of Northern USA, waiting for conditions to change ??

We always get the news reports that will show a freeway or a housing area affected by these disasters, but from Australia it becomes a bit hard to  tell the real from the News reports

My area, and several areas across our country only have fire warnings at the moment.

One area actually had several days of a "bush fire" up to the time a slight weather change helped to extinguish it ............

I figured General Chat would be suited for this, as there is no "Current Emergency" area here (just generally mild and sunny conditions).

Regards -

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,253 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:13 AM

It was 34 deg c here 93.2 here today  And it looks like it will be the same till Tuesday

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/northern-rivers/nimbin

All the bush around here is dry there is a total fire ban in the region and all the emergency services  are on tender hooks, Anybody sitting in the cold snap freeze across parts of Northern USA, Maybe wanna swap.

To all our members regardless of where you are stay warm or cool and remember drink lots of fluids ( beer works well ).

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,952 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:23 AM

Condobolin Weather     Temperature   29.5°C nav_trend_down.gif Dew Point   6.2°C nav_trend_up.gif Feels Like   27.9°C Relative Humidity   23% Wind calm.gif Calm nav_trend_down.gif Wind Gusts   0km/h Pressure   1010.2hPa nav_trend_up.gif Fire Danger   15.2 Rain since 9am/last hr   0.0mm / 0.0mm

rss_white_15x15.gif

33.09°S 147.15°E 191m AMSL

Condobolin Forecast Tonight 22°C Tomorrow 43°C     (110 F) possible_shower.gif
Now

29.5°C

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,253 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

Great Drop Bear weather Condo.... Be careful out there.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,952 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

I'll keep my eyes open, and my special hat in place.....  http://www.zazzle.com.au/drop_bear_hat-148824402839960252

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#6 noknojon

noknojon
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:37 AM

Even 23°C still near by at Geelong 9.30  PM.

But a bit cooler along the Surf Coast area -

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,737 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

It will be more of that Global Warming landing on Boopme !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users