Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU constantly remains at 100 even with zero activity

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ebc1680

ebc1680

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

Hi,

I have a SONY VAIO laptop with Windows 7. Since last week, whenever I turn on my laptop, the CPU slowly climbs up to 100% and then stays there forever. Even after 30 minutes, it will remain 100%. And all this while, I am not running any programs. I ran MBAM and Super Anti Spyware but none showed me any malware. Tried cleanups in safe mode but still no success. Can someone please help me with this issue.

Thank you.

Edit: Task manager picture is now attached.

Attached Files

Edited by ebc1680, 22 November 2014 - 08:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:42 AM

Hello ebc1680:

A few minutes after bootup, start the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), and observe CPU percentages for the idle system's processes. Please do not deliberately launch any applications like a browser or an email application, etc. while monitoring the task manager window.

It might simplify matters if you left-click the CPU header, in the Windows Task Manager, until a down arrow is shown, just to the right of "CPU", and scroll to the top of the window.

Please let us know which Image Names are using a great amount of CPU resources.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW, 22 November 2014 - 02:51 PM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#3 ebc1680

ebc1680
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:30 PM

Screen shot of the Task Manager is attached.

Attached Files

Edited by ebc1680, 22 November 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#4 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hello ebc1680:

If your attached JPEG represents an idle system shortly after booting with no applications having been intentionally launched, then the possibility of malware intrusion is very high.

Please consider opening a topic in the malware removal sub-forum here at BleepingComputer.com by starting here.

HTH

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,580 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

See http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/cmmon.pif-11899.html , topic moved to Am I Infected forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users