Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 Store will not open subsequent to Automatic Repair being employed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kahlmyishmael

kahlmyishmael

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

1. I have an HP Laptop with an AMD processor.

2. I initially had Windows 8 loaded and successfully upgraded to 8.1 with no difficulty.

3. I have updates loaded automatically and when I see the shield to update & restart, I also go and install all of the optional updates.

4. Things were going swimmingly well until a couple of updates ago when I experienced what many others in the various forums had also experienced; to wit. a blue screen showed up saying there was a  problem and that more information needed to be collected antecedent to a mandatory/automated shutdown of the OS.

5. This problem was not resolved for more than a month but it was finally resolved and I had no problems until this latest automatic update + 700+mb optional update

6. That blue screen showed up again and shut me down again but the problem only occurred once

7. The system was unstable however (selecting "check box" commands options in dialog boxes was "iffy" and required multiple clicks)

8. I tried restarting and my OS would not shut down; i powered off

9. Subsequent to restart, the OS would no longer shut down other than by powering off

10. I utilized "Automatic Repair" option and Windows 8 was reloaded.

11. I loaded all updates without incident

12. I tried to load Windows 8.1 but Windows Store App Green Tile appears and then reverts to start screen.

13. Apps troubleshooter stated cache may be corrupted but could not successfully effect a fix.

14. I have looked all day to attempt to find a fix; this has been a problem since late 2012 and the Microsoft Support Engineers only offer suggestions that have not worked for any of us

15. Reimage Plus costs $49 but says it can isolate damaged/defective Windows files and replace them with the correct functional files

16. If someone has encountered a solution I would prefer to save the $49 for a product that "may" or "may not" perform as advertised

17. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

I would like like to help you first of all dont download or buy any such programs which shows there us error in your pc to fix buy this or try this and even if you have this kind of programs installed like( my pc backup,optimizer pro,re iamge repair,any protect,etc )from unknown source just uninstall it

Plz let me know are you facing the problem to open the store or just with updates

#3 kahlmyishmael

kahlmyishmael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:58 AM

1. I am not experiencing any trouble with the updates

2. I am experiencing trouble accessing the Windows Store

3. Since I cannot access the Windows Store then I have no way to access Microsoft's free upgrade to Windows 8.1 nor any of the other free/paid apps that can be accessed from Windows Store

4. Thank you for the offer of assistance; this has been an extremely frustrating endeavor.

#4 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

Actually its also diffcult sometime to get exactly whats happening without watching it but then try with this..please try to create another microsoft account and then try to access the store if it also doent work please type in the search option on windows 8 menu (resolution) and check whether the resoltion is 1280x760 in this range or not
And plz tell me that are you able to download any other things from internet or not if not plz inform

#5 kahlmyishmael

kahlmyishmael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

Actually its also diffcult sometime to get exactly whats happening without watching it but then try with this..please try to create another microsoft account and then try to access the store if it also doent work please type in the search option on windows 8 menu (resolution) and check whether the resoltion is 1280x760 in this range or not
And plz tell me that are you able to download any other things from internet or not if not plz inform

1.Thank you for taking the time to reply AND ALSO thank you for extending yourself on my behalf; this has been very frustrating.

2. I am unable to create another USER ACCOUNT since that must be done in the "PC SETTINGS" which is also "disabled" along with Microsoft Store.

3. I was however able to get the TRUST THIS PC permission by downloading "Microsoft Windows Essentials 2012" and having it "trust this pc" through the "options dialog box."

4. The "screen resolution" is in the range that you specified

5. Yes... I am able to download other things from the Internet.

Thanks once again

Edited by kahlmyishmael, 25 November 2014 - 03:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users