Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformatted Hard Drive with WIN now nothing Works

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Michael Ortega

Michael Ortega

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

OK I blew it. I tried to back up my drivers and drug and dropped the drivers folder onto a external HD. But all I did was make a shortcut that did not contain anything. 

Now my computer does not recognize my network card and so I cannot connect to the internet. No internet access. I tried to copy as many downloads from the ASUS webite, but still now internet connections. It is an ASUS G75 Laptop with I7 processor. I tried installing NET 4 but the manual upload (from a thumbdrive falied). 

Any suggestions? Win NET 4 failed becouse I have NET 3.5 and apparently I can't update without the internet. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

There are quite a few wireless drivers depending on what adapter is installed. Right click the Wireless adapter in Device Manager. Select Properties. Under the details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and paste the first line in your next post. You can also do this for the Ethernet NIC driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users