Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 jakem392

jakem392

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hi

My internet speed is consistently fast (25-30mbps), but Chrome and IE sometime run slow sometimes. For instance I'll be browsing Yahoo fine for a couple minutes, but then I'll try to open another tab to do a Google search and the browser will stall for about a minute before loading that page. Or I could click a link on a webpage and the browser will stall and show a blank white page for a minute. Loading the content on a webpage usually takes close to the normal amount of time, it just stalls before hand. It doesn't happen every time I click something, but it happens often enough to be a nuisance. 

Last night I went under settings and did "Referesh your PC" which is supposed to restore defaults and delete installed apps, but the problem is still here.

EDIT--

Here's an example: Everything usually stalls at the same time but not always. Just now, Gmail stalled for 2 minutes but I was still able to open a new tab and complete a Google search. However, when I tried opening a new tab and going to Gmail that way, that tab stalled too.

Edited by hamluis, 23 November 2014 - 12:33 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

I get that too sometimes, it is clearly caused by your computer (and in my case my computer) not your connection. I have ti with chrome but not IE, because i never open IE to check it. I have windos 8 so we have similar experiences in several respects. Mine haven't been as bad as yours lasting only 30 seconds or so at worst. I think this is due to large processes running in task manager and hogging memory/processor capacity. The only things i can advise is to: see if there are any large processes running under the details tab of task manager which should not be running, scan with your antivirus and with malwarebytes (there is a free version)to check that the cause isn't a virus of some sort, see if any startup items can be safely disabled (this can be done from a feature within the program CCleaner from piriform) and try clearing your temp files (CCleaner can also do this) and browsing history along with deleting any junk you have in the recycle bin and deleting old files you no longer need/uninstalling old programs you no longer need. When using CCleaner be VERY CAREFUL not to disable startup items without first verifying they are safe to stop (check google) and NEVER use it's registry tools (anything that attempts to "clean" the registry can damage your system). One other thing that might help you is disbaling add-ons in the browser and making plugins "clcik to play" rather than running automatically, doing this will mean there is less content to load so loading will be faster.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 muzramp

muzramp

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

Are you running any file sharing programs in the background? Or is the network shared with any other users?

#4 jakem392

jakem392
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:57 PM

I get that too sometimes, it is clearly caused by your computer (and in my case my computer) not your connection. I have ti with chrome but not IE, because i never open IE to check it. I have windos 8 so we have similar experiences in several respects. Mine haven't been as bad as yours lasting only 30 seconds or so at worst. I think this is due to large processes running in task manager and hogging memory/processor capacity. The only things i can advise is to: see if there are any large processes running under the details tab of task manager which should not be running, scan with your antivirus and with malwarebytes (there is a free version)to check that the cause isn't a virus of some sort, see if any startup items can be safely disabled (this can be done from a feature within the program CCleaner from piriform) and try clearing your temp files (CCleaner can also do this) and browsing history along with deleting any junk you have in the recycle bin and deleting old files you no longer need/uninstalling old programs you no longer need. When using CCleaner be VERY CAREFUL not to disable startup items without first verifying they are safe to stop (check google) and NEVER use it's registry tools (anything that attempts to "clean" the registry can damage your system). One other thing that might help you is disbaling add-ons in the browser and making plugins "clcik to play" rather than running automatically, doing this will mean there is less content to load so loading will be faster.

I tried all of your suggestions and it did not help.

#5 jakem392

jakem392
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

Are you running any file sharing programs in the background? Or is the network shared with any other users?

No file sharing programs are running in the background. I'm the only one using this connection. Sometimes I stream shows on my Amazon Fire TV to my television, but I get the stalling no matter if I'm streaming or just browsing the internet by itself.

#6 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:08 AM

Jakem are you online so that i can help you directly by few steps

#7 jakem392

jakem392
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:36 AM

Jakem are you online so that i can help you directly by few steps

Sorry I'm online now and will check my messages throughout the day.

#8 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

I am here to help you now plz reply if you are there

#9 jakem392

jakem392
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

I am here to help you now plz reply if you are there

Hi

#10 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hi jakem

#11 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

Post offering remote assistance removed.

We cannot allow anyone to offer remote assistance here at Bleeping Computer.

Remote assistance is something that the casual user/member should only accept from authorized/recognized agencies or people they know and trust.

Many of our members are novice computer users and in their zeal will try anything that is suggested without knowing if it is good or bad. They have no way of knowing whether the one offering remote assistance is honest or up to no good.

Members serve as safeguards against all other members in the forum environment. Without that, a member is left in the hands of a member who may be knowledgeable or unknowledgeable. It defeats the basic purpose of the online forum, where shared ideas, etc. in the open is considered an effective safeguard for members with little or no knowledge and the inability to discern bad advice from that which is good.

There are also possible legal issues which may arise, in the event that Member A is advised poorly by Member Z privately and the advice is not good or the system ceases to function due to (in OP eyes) the advice received/suggested.

We do not want to start this precedent. The site exists for a reason and with a stated purpose. We are a forum first and foremost-no exceptions. All information shared is in plain view for everyone. We lose span of control when things are done 'behind the scenes'. We cannot condone, nor sanction this activity.

#12 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

Ok i got it

#13 amrendra4all

amrendra4all

• Banned Spammer
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

Jakem please inform me if u get any message prompt like proxy server not responding while opening browsers

#14 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:54 AM

Describe the computer...brand name...model....amount of RAM....

Check in device manager for errors...Access Device Manager - How Do I Access Device Manager in Windows?

You may have CCleaner installed...if not...install it. Use the default settings to clean the computer. No need to use the

Registry Cleaner...risky. During install you will be offered a toolbar...probably a Google one. Be sure to UNcheck that offer.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Open CCleaner and click on tools. Choose both Uninstall and Startups one at a time. At the bottom of each page you will

see a button when clicked will allow you to copy and paste those two lists of installed programs and startup items. Please

post those two lists.

While in Startups you will see a button at the top for Tasks. Please click on that and post the list of Tasks.

Use the programs below to scan your computer for adware and malware. You said you have scanned with MalwareBytes. Please

post the log of the last scan you ran using MBAM..... History > Scan logs

• download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.

• Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.

• Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Edited by buddy215, 23 November 2014 - 08:56 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

In addition to buddy215's suggestions, please run as scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

malwarerun_zps9abd4ef1.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

mbam4_zps23e52ad4.png

5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

mbam4_zps490948cc.png

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users