Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fast startup causing problems - Lenovo Thinkpad X220

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 britain4

britain4

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

Hi everyone, first post here!

My laptop is currently causing me some aggravation regarding fast startup. It is a Lenovo Thinkpad X220 I have upgraded to Windows 8 and then 8.1 and an SSD and up to now has been performing flawlessly.

Recently, with the fast startup option enabled, the computer has been shutting itself off completely after the startup animation and requires the power button pressing again before it will boot up, in 'normal startup' speed.

I have tried disabling and re enabling fast startup, using the 'powercfg -h off' and 'powercfg -h on' commands to recreate the hiberfil.sys file and that's about all I can think of. It still behaves the same, turning itself off completely immediately after the startup animation.

Anyone got any ideas to resolve this?

Edited by britain4, 21 November 2014 - 12:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britain4

britain4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:12 AM

Fast startup has worked a couple of times in the meantime - I swapped the wireless card yesterday and reinstalled some drivers to resolve some unrelated issues and it started working again. Yay! I thought - but after the first couple of goes it started doing the same thing again and shutting off after the animation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users