Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access Control Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 freitalm

freitalm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

My company offers internet access in a few buildings that have several access points, currently customers send us payment over the phone for daily, weekly, monthly access and we verbally give them the password to the network. We cant police access because of all the different plans & changing AP passwords manually has become too cumbersome.

Here is what would like to implement and want to know the most cost effect solution.

When potential users in the building try to connect to our network (Via AP’s) we want them directed to a splash page where they would need to sign up for a plan (daily, weekly, monthly) access. We would want some authentication software to run on a virtual Amazon server and billing to be sent to us via recurly ( https://recurly.com/)

We want the software to manage the subscriptions and and access.

I appreciate any detailed replies on the best solution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

You are looking for a captive portal. I'm assuming you are getting paid so I'm not going to give you detailed instructions on setting it up for free. Do some research on how to use captive portals and go from there. What you're wanting should be fairly easy to do once you know what pieces you need to fit together. Good luck

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users