Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Religion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 NullPointerException

NullPointerException

• Banned
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

As a man of science myself who has worked most of his life with computers and spent more time reading code than reading high-school books, I still do not think that this 'evolution theory' and 'big-bang' theory are true. I am a Christian and I have been since twenty years. I believe what the Bible says (although, yes, there are a few incorrect translations, or perhaps somehow wrong original messages, such as earth supposedly being six thousand years old) and I believe that the earth and the organisms and life did not come out of nowhere. Why, suddenly, a huge comet hit the sun, and then a particular, big part  of it cooled down and the planet we call earth was created? How did the universe get created? (For those who say who "created" God, no, God already existed and He has existed since forever. As something that is eternal cannot be created, God is the Creator, He created everything. He cannot have have been created by someone, for God is not a mere mortal. Nobody except Himself knows what He did before He created the universe).

For me, it does not make any sense to say the Homo Sapiens were "evolved" from monkeys. If it is true, why didn't elephants, tigers, and heck, even remaining monkeys get evolved into humans? Why a sudden, unexplained change occurred in particularly humans? Why still are there monkeys? And why, humans, no matter how evolved, do not resemble genetically to the monkeys? And why particularly earth is the only source of life in our massive, massive, infinite, ever-growing universe? Why, as far as we have searched, we have never net met another life source throughout the universe? Why there is a theory that the universe was filled with light before the earth was created? Weinberg said "the universe was about a hundred thousands million degrees Centigrade...and the universe was filled with light". 

What makes religion unbelievable is because of its negative effects. There are Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic (...), and many other religions. Heck, man worshiped nature as God. The Pope also sold out and the Church, a place of Jesus' light and His love, was utterly made into a business-market trade before the Renaissance...It is not surprising to see Christianity is fading away these days. Because of some mortals, God's love is getting forgotten.

But why did the Bible first said that below our earth is an unimaginable realm of eternal pain that is filled with fire when science had not yet discovered the lava behind the ground? Also, there is historical evidence that Jesus existed. There is also the evidence that He was crucified. Heck, atheists still don't believe in Him even after the world accepted His birth as the marking of official start of calender. But what is bad is that Islam puts Jesus to the place of a mere prophet. Jesus' Crucifixion is not even stated. Why...I have no idea they think the whole world should accept their religion. 

Obviously, God is not Krishna or Allah. As long as the Bible does not mention it. In fact, God is All-Loving and He loves us so much He took the form of a mortal and lived with us. Finally, He was cruelly crucified by us. While the Bhagvatgita or Qurran does not mention Allah or the thirty-three billion  Indian "gods" to be powerful and loving as Him. Why, the "religious intolerance" in Islam is rather a pitiful joke. The historical evidence of Jesus performing miracles, He turning water into wine, feeding people, healing the sick, His resurrection is clear. But even as He died for us, we are still hurting each other  in His name. The true Christians know that no war is sacred and it's just the politician's way of garbage-collecting unused objects. If they cannot get a particular country, they accuse Christians and start "holy" wars.

For me, it is clear that God does exist. It is clear to me that lucifer is the devil and all liars will burn with him until the Jesus' Second Coming, when ultimately every bad and every sin will be erased from life. It is clear to me the Holy Spirit is God's own Soul. It is clear to me that God took the form of Jesus and died for us. His Holy Blood freed us from Adam's unintentional curse. I don't believe in the evolution theory or the creation theory. Nobody except God saw how the earth was created. No physicist is able to determine how many billion years old is life...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:16 AM

This topic has been approved for discussion.

Since religion/faith is a hot button topic keep it civil.
At the top of the Speak Easy main page is this
This section is for polite and thoughtful debate on potentially controversial topics.

Respect the beliefs/opinions/thoughts of others even if you do not agree with them.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

Umm, In fact the Christian Jewish and Islamic faiths all worship the same god.

The Bible has been re written and translated so many times who knows what’s true and what isn’t any more.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,547 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:13 PM

There is of course no such thing as a 'true' scientific theory. All theories are accepted as approximations. There are only two requirements for a 'good' theory : it must admit all known data on the subject; and it must be capable of making testable predictions. Should it fail either of these tests, it should be discarded.

It is hardly surprising that the Christian Bible does not mention Islam. To the best of my knowledge the widely accepted base texts of the Christian Bible were finalised in about 150CE. The Prophet Muhammad wasn't born until about 570CE.

I don't think any biologist would accept the idea of a 'sudden unexplained change'. Charles Darwin in his book 'On the Origin of Species' refers to slow imperceptible change accumulating over time, and this is also the view taken by his present day successors.

I am curious about one thing. If there are "a few incorrect translations, or perhaps somehow wrong original messages" what evidence can you put forward that the version of the Bible in which you believe is not one of them ?

Chris Cosgrove

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,074 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

Man twists things around...... Christian, Muslim, Jew everybody has an opinion and read only the bits that suit them.

Quote.

Abu Hurairah reported the Prophet (peace be upon him) as saying:

By the One in Whose hand is my self, definitely the son of Mariam will soon descend among you as a just judge, and he will break the cross, kill the pig and abolish the jizyah, and wealth will be so abundant that no one will accept it, until a single prostration will be better than the world and everything in it. (Al-Bukhari)

Jabir ibn `Abdullah said, "I heard the Prophet saying, 'A party of my nation will never stop fighting for the truth victoriously until the Day of Rising.' He said, 'Then Jesus son Mary (peace be upon him) will descend and their amir will say, "Come and lead us in prayer," but he will say, "No. Some of you are amirs over others," as Allah's showing honor to this nation.'"

The above two hadiths show that according to Islam, Jesus will return to the earth as a follower of the final Prophet Muhammad. And at the second coming, it is inconceivable that Jesus will bring a new Law.

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/faith-and-worship/islamic-creed/167239-jesus-a-follower-of-muhammad.html

Just FYI.

I am catholic not practising.  And to tell the truth I am over all this my god is better than your god, Because some book written by men who pick out bits that suit them  and translated re written and re translated hundreds of times says so.  

Edited by NickAu1, 21 November 2014 - 09:02 PM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#6 NullPointerException

NullPointerException
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:32 AM

(For some reason I am not allowed to quote, so I'll post without quoting)
No. Allah is not same as the All-Loving God. God's true name is only known to Jesus, Who is also the Holy Spirit and God Himself. Now, yes, Muslims could say the same thing, that the prophet Muhammad is sent by God... Buddhists could say that Buddha is the only true prophet or somehow God.  But Jesus came before them. And He is the light for me. His mercy and His sacrifice for me proves His validity. No man was ever resurrected. But Jesus, Who is God in form of a mortal, was resurrected by His Own Spirit.

Edited by NullPointerException, 22 November 2014 - 03:32 AM.

#7 NullPointerException

NullPointerException
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

Yes, all theories are theories. We didn't know what happened before we were born. Although, even though the "prophet" was not born until a few hundred years later, the Bible does mention God (almost, as He loves us all. We all are sinners, yet He still forgives us) hates Islam.  

By "sudden, unexplained change", I mean the Big Bang theory. It was sudden. It was unexpected. it was unexplained. Why did it only sun and why did the particular piece of it was cooled down and life sprung in it?

The Bible was re-written by Jesus' disciplines. The New Testament is more "correct" than the Old Testament, because the Old Testament speaks about the sins of life and what God had done before Jesus' crucifixion, which freed us from our sin.  Then again, no true Christian will ever say "My God is better than <insert person's religion other than Catholicism and Christianity>", because Jesus died for all of us. He did not see if we were Buddhists (as He is able to see the future) or if we were atheists. He loved us even though we spat on God. The reason why He does not come down to save us from the false prophets like Buddha or Muhammad (as much as I hate to say, I think they are being tortured in hell for their sins and lack of repentance. As Bible said, every false prophet shall go to hell, unless they accept Jesus' love).

And no, nobody read the "bits and pieces" of the Bible and then re-wrote it. The site, which I have not visited as I am writing this reply, looks Islamic. Because in the Bible, it is clearly stated that Jesus is God, and God's Soul is the Holy Spirit. God Himself cannot be a "follower" of a prophet that claims to have been sent by God. It seems like God split Himself in the Holy Trinity for us mere mortals to understand Him. You should read Jesus' crucifixion. Islam nowhere states His sacrifice. Nor does it state anything about sins. It's clear Islam is misguided when it comes to Christianity.

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:14 AM

The Buddha is generally believed to have lived 500 years before Jesus.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 NullPointerException

NullPointerException
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:15 AM

Yes, I am sorry. As Buddha had a "last name" (However, at the time of Jesus, there were no surnames.) I assumed he was born a later. But isn't that a name given to the empire dynasty?

#10 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

I was brought up as C 0f E. When I was about 14/15 I did a project at school on comparative religion. Before I finished the project I had become an atheist.So from the age of 15 until now, nothing I have experienced has made me change my opinion. I will soon know if the rubbish they spout is true or not.(I am 80 now)

#11 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,547 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:30 PM

For information, the normal BC quotation method is disabled in the Speakeasy. This is to stop discussions degenerating into chunks of copied text being flung around willy-nilly, as happened all too often before this rule was brought in. You can still quote, but it has to be done the hard way - quotation marks and typing !

Can you quote a reference - chapter and verse - for your statement that the Bible mentions that God hates Islam ?

Chris Cosgrove

#12 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

Religion is a local slant on Christian belief, that's the reason for so many churches and beliefs that appear to have some common thread through each versions scriptures.  Just like politics corrupted democracy, religion corrupted christianity.  Southern Baptist, Penticostal, Mormon,  I could go on for a week, but they offer a slightly different interpretation of the scriptures and even add new ones.  Science has become far to vast in the last twenty years, both in the discoveries of life here on Earth but in space too.  As far into the physics that make up the atom, equal and just as groundbreaking breakthroughs in interstellar objects in the world around us, as a true christian, I believe the research is being guided by a devine hand and points to ONE thing.  WE ARE ALONE.

#13 NullPointerException

NullPointerException
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:57 AM

Geogrenhry, religion is not "rubbish". My friend, I'll hate to see you burn in a lake of fire. For your own sake, I recommend you to repent for your sins daily. God loves you, for God is not something you see and believe, He is what you know in your heart and believe, for now. For when you'll knock Heaven's Door, Jesus Himself will greet you, hug you and sing with you, for He is happy that you've been saved.

Chris, thanks for your information. :)

mdj, We are not alone. God exists, His Spirit (the Holy Spirit) exists, and Jesus also exists. Actually, for us mere mortals to understand, God has split Himself into three people. The First One is Himself, God the Creator and the Father. The Second One is His Spirit, Who is the Spirit of God, and is the most Magical Spirit in existence. Jesus is Christ, He who died, He saves us from sins and He saves us from lucifer. He loves us, so much that He died for us. We aren't alone. Science, has indeed progressed, but that does not prove God false. In fact, I don't believe in evolution.

#14 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:22 AM

If I burn in a lake of fire, it will show me that god exists. Oh which god is this? The one that loves a sinner? The one that is all knowing? (didn't he see this one coming?)

When I read your rant it makes me realise even more what a load of tripe it all is. come on god do your worst.

Edited by georgehenry, 23 November 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#15 NullPointerException

NullPointerException
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:50 AM

But, my friend, your pain will be eternal. I will hate to see this. But God Himself will cry to know one of His children is in hell. Only Jesus knows when He will return and mark His Second Coming.  God loves you, my friend, He would not took a form of a mortal (Jesus, His Son and Himself) and die for us on the Cross. His Holy Blood cleaned us from our sin, so no matter if you perform a sin seven times a day and go to Him seven times a day and say "My Lord, forgive me for my sins", He will forgive you.  God loves you. But He cannot come and intervene to see you because God is only prophesied to come down on Jesus' Second Coming. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users