Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belarc For Dos?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:58 PM

Hello all.
I have started a project to access my HSI with a DOS based notebook. It is a Hitachi Mx133t running DOS 6.22. Pentium 133Mhz with 32 Mb RAM and a 1Gb HD. It has an onboard NIC, but is not detected by DOS MSD. Is there a DOS based program like Everest or Belarc?

While I'm here I have a couple of other questions. I have not used DOS since about '97 [windows lazy) so I have some I need a little refresher.

Other than individual program how do I edit the IRQ assignments? I have a NIC but cannot install it for lask of IRQs. The computer has assigned or restricted asssignnment of the IRQs. It shows IRQ 5 assigned to LPT2 but I have no second Printer port. It also will not allow me to disable the serial ports. Any advice.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

Hello, Acklan:

The NIC info may be reported in the system bios, along with the resource assignments. I was doing a little research on the Ultimate Boot CD's website - http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ - to see what was included on the CD, and it listed Astra.
It may be useful with your issue.

ASTRA - Advanced Sysinfo Tool and Reporting Assistant. This program performs computer configuration analysis and diagnostics. It gives detailed information about your computer hardware and devices operational modes, including undocumented information. A unique quick HDD Health Status checker is included. It provides information on CPU, motherboard, hard disks, S.M.A.R.T., CD/DVD devices, SCSI devices, memory modules, chipset, BIOS, PCI/AGP, ISA/PnP and PnP devices, monitor, video card, sound card, network card, printer, etc. This program also creates a report file in plain text, INI, HTML and XML format, and is able to run in batch mode. The DOS version is especially designed for system restore purposes and may be used by repair professionals.

Platform: DOS, MS Windows 95/98/ME.

http://www.sysinfolab.com/download.htm

Haven't tried it myself, but it looks like something that will help.
JC

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:02 PM

Spot on! Perfect. I was able to run it from command line or DOSSHELL. Great tool. Should be added to a DOS ONLY place in the recommended applications.
Thank you JoshuaCat. Hopefully i can have it up nd running with this information.
I'll keep you posted. Man I am rusty with DOS.

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

That's great, Acklan! See you around.

:thumbsup:
JC

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:05 PM

Like I don't have enough to do. I found an old 133 and I want to use the old programs to surf the net and get some email. I forgot how much of a beast DOS was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users