Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is There Any Virus Removal Tools That Work?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VickieDesigns

VickieDesigns

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

I have the incredibly annoying Shopper Pro virus. However, Malwarebytes has somehow made itself even more annoying by not finding it and removing it - but when I start Firefox it comes up saying it's blocking ShopperPro. If it's blocking it, why can't it remove it?

Anway, how do I remove this virus? I've tried SuperAntiSpyware, Windows Defender whatever that is, ADWCleaner and Malwarebytes. None of which have removed the virus.

Today, Firefox has started randomly shutting down. It's usually one page full of tabs I was using, for no particular reason. It hasn't crashed, and I get no warning that's about to close the tabs so I guess that's the virus fecking about. Why a virus would do that I have no fecking clue.

Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

Good read here: hxxp://malwaretips.com/blogs/shopperpro-virus-removal/

Although we do have an excellent virus removal crew here. Cheers.

Mod Edit:  Moved from AV/AM Software to Am I Infected - Hamluis.
Mod Edit by quietman7: link to non-Bleeping Computer malware removal guide disabled per Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected.

Edited by quietman7, 21 November 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#3 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:58 AM

start by resetting your web browsers to default

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users