Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse locks up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 guitarguy93

guitarguy93

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Hey guys. So, I've had this same mouse for 8 months or so now, and a few days ago, it started to randomly stop responding. It's a Level 10M wired mouse by TteSports by Thermaltake. So, not exactly cheap. I ran a virus scan with Panda which turned up nothing. I ran a scan with MWB and that also came back clean. I reinstalled the software and that didn't help, either. I've tried different USB ports. Nope. Nothing seems to work. It'll just randomly "cut out" and come back again. Somehow, the movement is tracked, but my computer doesn't show it for a short period and it'll jump to the place it was moved to after. I've no idea what the issue could be. Can I get some help?

EDIT: I've also used their forums to try to get some answers, but they haven't responded to my last message that was 2 days ago, so I've little hope for that. =/

Edited by hamluis, 20 November 2014 - 05:52 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:51 PM

The bad news is that even expensive mice die !

The simplest way to check is to try this mouse in a different computer to see if the same problem occurs there, and to try a different mouse in your own computer.

If your own mouse displays the same problems on a different computer, then this is fairly conclusive evidence that your mouse has gone to that great cheese pile in the sky. If it works faultlessly on the second computer, then the problem lies within your computer, and it is time to look at the drivers again. I know you did a re-install but was it from a CD or a download from the manufacturer's site ?  If you got the drivers off the web the possibility exists that they got corrupted during the download. Download them again.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 guitarguy93

guitarguy93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

I did download them from the internet. I'll give it another shot while I try it out on a different computer.

EDIT: The problem seems to only be while playing a game. WoW, to be exact. I'll give a reinstall of that a try.

Edited by guitarguy93, 20 November 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:31 PM

That seems a sensible way to go. If it works with everything else, as you say the problem is probably with the application it doesn't work with.

Something else that might be worth your while is to check with the WoW forums to see if anyone else has had mouse problems and perhaps look at Thermaltake to see if there is anything in their support, FAQs or forums about problems with WoW.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

Is this the same computer as the one in this topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557179/i-dont-know-whats-going-on-here-win7/in Am I Infected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users