Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Lock Screen taking much time.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dddada

dddada

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hello Forum,

To begin with i would like to congratulate the admin team for maintaining such an awesome forum. I never felt the need to register because most of my seraches landed to this site for solution except for this one, so here i am with my problem.

I have 2 week old HP pavalion notebook pc with pre-installed Windows 8.1 64bit single language. Untill few days back, when i presses windows+L the lock screen would pop up immediately. But now whenever i do it, it takes time to lock.

I clocked it and it took approx 30-35 sec to lock. I am not sure what might be the problem or if this is  al all normal behaviour. Have to look at 'Please wait' screen for 30 sec to get lock screen image.

Kindly help,

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LeonardoByars

LeonardoByars

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

plz deselect lock and problem solve.

#3 dddada

dddada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:27 PM

What are you suggesting? If it's about disabling the lock screen then i have tried that using ultimate tweaker 3 as i dont have access to gpedit, but its of no use. Instead of 'Please wait' i get 'Locking' screen when i press windows+L which again takes the same amount of time.

I would like to have lock screen there while i am away. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users