Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIN7: Monitor flickers green and enables computer to crash (blue screen)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kcaluwae

kcaluwae

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:32 AM

Hi,

Since a few weeks I encounter the problem that my screen starts flickering green after I'm using my computer for a while.  At first I could still work +/- 20 minutes but the problem starts to appear sooner and sooner and at this point I hardly make it to the logon screen before my computer crashes.

I have a screenshot of how my screen looks right before the computer crashes: https://plus.google.com/104974652713718580318/posts/ihuEyGkiojb

I'm using Windows 7.

I'm not using any particular application when the problem occurs.  Just leaving on my computer on the desktop for a while will cause it to crash as well.

The problem does not seem to occur when using windows in safe mode (or safe mode with network)

What I tried already:

- try to update monitor drivers (Windows  says I have the latest version)

- My system shows 2 video adapters, I have disabled one but the problem is still there

- De-install, re-install video adapter

Thanks for any help.

Kris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:50 AM

Laptop or desktop?

#3 kcaluwae

kcaluwae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:57 AM

Good point indeed that I fogot to mention.  It's a desktop.

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:18 AM

I doubt it's the monitor. Monitors may fail but they rarely cause the PC to crash.

If you are using a vid-card, then switch to integrated graphics. If the on-board graphics work, then the vid-card is the problem. It is probably failing/overheating. A faulty vid-card can cause the PC to crash. You might want to see if there is an updated driver suite for that card however.

If you are NOT using a vid-card, then that presents other possibilities. Let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users