Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Temperature increased, While FAN speed is stable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Miker2808

Miker2808

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:34 AM

I got a problem, last weeks my CPU speed is increased, from stable 45~ temperature to 60+ temperature (its got increased slowly, few days ago its was just 50~), my CPU is not overclocked, and my CPU fan and heatsink is new, my CPU temperature sometimes decrease to 50~, and i dont know what may be the reason of this to happen,

by the way, few days ago my PC was lagging and freezing, and last night its wasn't even moving after reboot, today in the morning, i got the "check disk" and i got much errors, i want to find way how to return my PC to stable performance, i also scanned my PC and got many viruss, but its always happen again. maybe i need to change my thermal paste, or my PC is infected, or just my CPU is too old, samy with my storage CPU its increased to 50+, and sometimes decrease to standard,

Dual Core 2.7 GHZ E4500 Not overclocked

GPU GT630

Ram 2GB

Motherboard, ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM (Socket 775) (standard temp)

Edited by hamluis, 20 November 2014 - 02:46 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:45 AM

hello and Welcome to BleepingComputer!

what Windows version are you using?

What type of Cpu fan and heatsink is it that you have? are you confident that the paste (TIM, thermal interface material) was applied as it should be? it is common for the home user to apply the correct amount to the cpu but then there is one thing that happens quite often, after the cooler is located and before the final securement with the latch pins, the unit slides around, which redistributes the paste to a less than perfect amount and consistency.. another common misdeed is failure to remove the old paste properly before applying the new TIM. For the temperatures to increase incrementally  like that, that would be interpreted as the TIM and heatsink needs to be applied again as it maybe settled and isn't functioning properly.

another theory is that for the  CPU temperatures to be fluctuating like that, there has to be processes active that aren't consistent, if you pull up your task manager, it can help to locate those processes, you can click on processes and then the cpu tab, to list most to least. in my experience, the common antivirus applications can sometimes spring into activity and spike the cpu usage for a certain time, therefore increasing heat and cpu fan spead temporarily.

also, if you believe that your PC has become infected with Malware, there is a section here devoted to that topic, (am i infected?)

the checkdisk error implies corrupted files or hardware clock speed mismatch.  you can give the chkdsk /r procedure a try, but that takes a while to complete.

anyway, i am the type that believes that a core 2 duo PC is certainly worth preserving as it runs  fine with most home uses and contemporary applications.  I can definitely understand a home user shying away from the "just buy a new PC"  mentality. PCs are a significant investment for most folks, and buying a new one should be entertained as last resort.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users