Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cell Phone Woes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:59 PM

*note - I have no idea wether or not this is the right forum or not, but if it isn't, please feel free to point it out or move it. Thanks*

My bro and I got new cell phones this week. And after seeing all the cool stuff that could be done, my mom wants to be able to do the same. Problem is, her phone can't get online. So, I went out and bought her a USB cable to transfer stuff from the computer to the phone. I thought that it would show up as a removable storage device like my flash drive.

Nope. The phone doesn't show up AT ALL!! I installed the proper drivers, and nothing seemed to work. After many hours of reading, I learned that I will need software to get the data (cell phone wallpapers) onto the phone. But the only free software I found, Bitpim, does not work with my phone.

I don't know if any are you are phone savy, but help would be greatly appreciated. Will I need to buy additional software? Can I get the phone to show up as a removable storage device? Did I waste $30 on the USB cable? The computer is Windows XP Service Pack 2, and the cell phone is a Sprint Samsung A560. Help, please!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:55 PM

Is her phone activated for internet? Not all are either preactivated or even capable. Also the phone plan itself needs to allow internet access. Have you checked all these things. The phone model and carrier info would make it easier to determine this.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users