Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Trouble

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ter67

ter67

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi folks i`m wondering if anyone can help me here ? what it is when i try to download videos from youtube

a box comes up saying "unable to connect to the remote server" and ive got 2 yt downloader programse on my desktop "free yt video 2free"  "yt video downloader" i would be most greatfull to anyone who can help me here thanking you .

Edited by hamluis, 20 November 2014 - 10:22 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:45 PM

I would uninstall those programs and use clipgrab:  http://clipgrab.org

#3 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

Using these kind of programs is not really recommended as they might contain 3rd party programs that might mess with your PC overtime. Take a look at free online YT downloaders like ClipConverter or SaveVid. Or instead simply add the word 'pwn' before the YouTube URL and see what happens :) Example: pwnyoutube.com/?v=blablalba

#4 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

instead simply add the word 'pwn' before the YouTube URL and see what happens  :) Example:pwnyoutube.com/?v=blablalba

Using that can result you to go on wrong links Because there are some fake download buttons which can cause installing third party softwares.

i will suggest you to use word '9x' before YouTube URL "9xyoutube.com/?v=HbdkBDl ".it will be more safe.

Cheers,

Tenis :busy:

fseDQlO.jpg

#5 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:01 PM

Really though guys? You would rather use a bunch of sketchy web sites that could inject whatever kinds of ads (or who knows what else, redirects etc) and spy on what you are downloading, than to use a simple awesome piece of software that runs on your computer and downloads the videos you want?   As with any free software install, you do have to install with custom options and make sure to uncheck any stupid PUPs or toolbars that it might try to install. I forget if clipgrab has those, but, java and flash have them so, it's a thing people have to pay attention to with any software install.

Personally I won't touch those websites, and even worse are the browser plugins that do it. And I'm sure there are some bad stand-alone programs such as probably the ones the OP was using. But, I vouch for clipgrab. For me it replaced my previous #1 which was Freemake video downloader.

#6 ter67

ter67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:10 AM

Thanking you guys very much for taking the time to answer my question as i`m not to clever when it comes to computers and tablets,ipads

so all your help is very worthwhile to me ,i`ll have a look at your progs you`s sent and hopefuly one of them will work out thanks agin folks,very much oblidged..

PS: i`m just new to tablets this is 1st time ive tried one and need to get it sorted out so does anybody know of any tutitorials that woul;d show me how to set an android tablet up from taking it from the box ???.

#7 ter67

ter67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hi sorry guys but i didnt keep wanna try all the different progs you`s put down for me to try and the reason for this is because i think theres other issues that may lead to the problem (b ut as i say i`m no genious)lol. theres a couple of things  and they all seem to lead to plugin trouble,A up just below the broser bar theres a message saying >firefox has prevented the outdated plugin "adobe flash "also along at the end it has 2 boxes 1 says ( continue blocking) and other says  (allow) also i keep getting messages about plugins ,but i dont know where to start so sorry i cant help you`s any better and thanx again.

#8 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

Go into control panel, programs and features, and uninstall flash. Then install the latest flash from adobe's website.

#9 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

Go here to update plugins & extensions on your Firefox Browser: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users