Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Access Failed on Sony BDPS6200 Blu-Ray Player

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Robbie8592

Robbie8592

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

I've been trying to connect my ADSL2+ modem/router directly to the LAN port on my BDPS6200 Blu-Ray Player with an ethernet cable and then when I try connecting to the network I always get the same outcome being that the Physical Connection is OK but Internet Access Failed. I'm able to stream videos, music etc from my laptop to the blu-ray player without an internet connection fine but I cannot stream anything from Netflix, Hulu etc. The ADSL2+ modem/router I use to connect to the blu-ray player is a TP-Link TD-8840T and its a modem and router all built into one. Below is more information of this modem router that I'm using.

http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TD-8840T#over

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

Is there a network setting in the Blu-Ray player that allows changing DNS servers. If there is, change them to

Write down the current DNS servers in case you have to revert back.

Edited by JohnC_21, 19 November 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#3 Robbie8592

Robbie8592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:59 PM

Yes it does and I will try that later tonight and then provide an update. Also, I was wondering if I can use Connectify since my laptop and blu-ray player have built in wi-fi and turn my broadband connection into a wi-fi connection and then just try to connect to the blu-ray wirelessly. Would that possibly work? Thanks.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,022 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:42 AM

If the modem/router does not have wireless capabilities you would need to add a wireless AP. But, that could work.

#5 Robbie8592

Robbie8592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

Alright so I tried your suggestion of changing the DNS servers and still couldn't connect to the internet. My modem/router does not have wireless capabilities but I still went on and tried connectify and much to my surprise it did the trick. Converted my Broadband Connection into a Wi-Fi Hotspot and then connected to the network on my blu-ray player using the wireless settings and got internet access immediately. This way I don't have to go out and purchase a wireless AP or router just yet. This will definitely do for the time being. I just wish Sony would be more helpful though. Anyways, appreciate the help.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,022 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the update. I am not sure how you were able to connect wirelessly. How were you able to convert your broadband to a WIFI hotspot if you are using a modem/router with no wireless capabilities?

#7 Robbie8592

Robbie8592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

I was able to with a virtual router with wireless capabilities that Connectify Hotspot & Dispatch created from my broadband connection. Also, I was able to establish this connection even though my modem/router does not have wireless capabilities because my laptop has a wireless network adapter built in to it. I still had to use a cat5e ethernet cable going from an ethernet port on the back of the modem/router and connect it to the lan(100) terminal on the back of the player to establish connection. Tried connecting without it and for some reason couldn't establish connection even though the blu-ray player has built-in wi-fi so I guessed it would recognize a wi-fi signal without the need of an ethernet cable. Anyways, from what I researched online you can use Connectify Hotstop to turn any internet broadband connection you have even if your modem/router does not have wireless capabilities into a WI-FI hotspot. I also found a do it yourself alternative method on youtube that lets you accomplish what connectify hotspot does using the command prompt without the need of any third-party software like connectify. I'll make sure to test this method sometime to see if it works. You can check out the video on the link below.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,022 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for this. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users